Which sport do you like best?

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Term 1 - Final post

This term has meant a lot to me in terms of growth, responsibility and change. I know for a fact that I had never even entertained the idea of participating in a 60 km ride, or a triathlon that would take me more than an hour to complete. I think that I have grown physically, and am now the fittest that I have ever been, which has been proven by my personal best in the beep test held this term. For the growth of my mind, I believe that I have become more accepting of the idea "mind over matter" and am able to apply this to my life a little more than I had prior to Year 9. These physical and mental changes are something I will maintain to the best of my abilities, because I think that they are the reason I feel better and happier than ever before.

In English, studying "mind over matter" really gave me a new perspective on life, as well as the idea of "feel the fear and do it anyway". I know that there will be new challenges presented as part of the Year 9 program, and I believe that these concepts will help me get through it as a Year 9 student, not a Year 8. I think that they will also affect me for the rest of my life, and I will never forget them.

I'm not sure if I can contribute any feedback as to whether Term 1 should be changed or not. No doubt that if anyone was to ask me about changes while I was doing the various (exhausting) activities, I would say "Get rid of it". However, now that I have completed them, I see that they have changed me for the better in so many different ways.

Term 1 was amazing, and I hope that the next three terms are as exciting as this term was.

No comments:

Post a Comment