Which sport do you like best?

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Ski Camp

Ski Camp at Mount Buller was an amazing chance for everyone in Year 9 to feel the fear and do it anyway, challenge ourselves and push past the limits. Although I and many other Year 9s had gone skiing or snowboarding before, there were also many who were at the snow for the first time and learning how to maneuver the slopes properly as a first-timer. I was astounded by the amount of people who were speeding down the black and blue runs, no matter how experienced they were.

Seeing the pink ribbons fluttering from the back of so many people's helmets made me feel extremely proud. I think that it gave everyone a sense of belonging, as Mr Amos said. 
Through the efforts and organization of the staff who came on the camp, everything went extremely well. 

Ski Camp should be kept, because it is not just a camp, but it is a part of of the Year 9 program. Like everything else in the program, it helps students to grow and challenge their fears. Ski Camp should stay this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment