One of the activities I found challenging was orienteering. Being thrown into a random group and having to completely rely on each other was sometimes quite challenging. However, the consequence of this (getting lost and not getting anywhere at all), the leadership of people in my group and general teamwork inspired us to work harder and push our limits.
I feel that the bicycle ride to Warburton was the highlight of the camp week, and but was also the most challenging. I had never ridden 40 km before. Seeing everyone encourage each other was nice to see. Many people were completely exhausted, but kept going without complaint. Once we had finished the journey there, I think that every single group felt that they had really achieved something.
For me, the journey back to Lilydale Lake seemed a lot easier. I knew that I had already ridden almost 40 km the day before, so with that thought in my mind I was able to ride back, although my body was still challenged physically.
Even though there were so many challenges, everyone got through camp week fine. I think that these challenges made us all stronger in mind and body, and that it should definitely be repeated for next year's Year 9s.
No comments:
Post a Comment