Which sport do you like best?

Monday, February 28, 2011

Q1


A) I think that the preparation that a triathlete should undertake in order to do his or her best lies mainly in diet, physical training, sleep, and mental preparation.
A triathlete's diet should be based on the food pyramid (eg. eating more amounts of grains, lots of fruit and vegetables, less of meat and the less junk food). Eating three full meals a day and feeling energetic is better than eating only a little bit and feeling hungry. As well as this, a triathlete should drink plenty of water in order to keep him or her hydrated and generally healthy.
As a triathlon is comprised of swimming, cycling and running, training should obviously include these. However, a triathlete should probably do other kinds of everyday exercise in order to maximise overall fitness. Regularly doing things like sprinting and going long distances is a good way to train in all three sports.
All people need a good night's sleep to be healthy and happy. A good amount of sleep is about 8-9 hours. It is also more beneficial for people to go to sleep earlier and wake up earlier, instead of going to bed late and forcing yourself to wake up in time for school or work and ending up tired all day.
As well as all these physical aspects of training, a triathlete should be prepared mentally for the big event. Triathletes should know exactly what they are going to do at the actual triathlon, instead of being distracted by something else. Instead of thinking a negative "I can't", think positively with "I can".

B) I think that the Year 9 program covers quite a lot of my physical training. However, I also regularly cycle and run in preparation outside of school as well. I make an effort to eat healthily when I can, and in addition, my parents make quite healthy food as well. My sleep habits aren't too bad. I go to sleep whenever I have finished whatever I am doing, which is sometimes a little late. I believe that I am preparing myself mentally, and that on the day of the triathlon I will definitely be able to finish.
However, I can probably apply more preparation to the preparation I am already doing. Even though I am doing running and cycling outside of school, I haven't been doing any extra swimming. I can probably find some extra days to do some more swimming training. Also, I should be going to sleep a lot earlier so I can wake up earlier and not have to rush to prepare for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment